Camponotus capito ebeninithorax
|Camponotus capito ebeninithorax|
|Subspecies:||C. capito ebeninithorax|
| Camponotus capito ebeninithorax|
Keys including this Species
- Key to Australian Camponotus majors of the southwestern Botanical Province
- Key to Australian Camponotus minors of the southwestern Botanical Province
- Key to Australian Camponotus species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- ebeninithorax. Camponotus (Myrmophyma) capito var. ebeninithorax Forel, 1915b: 100 (w.) AUSTRALIA.
- Camponotus (Myrmophyma) capito ebeninithorax Forel, 1915: Syntype, 1 worker (missing gaster), Australia, Australia, Musee d'Histoire Naturelle Genève.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Worker. The worker is almost the same size as the type (a little smaller) and differs in the color that is the whole body including the limbs is black; only the head is dark red.
Australia (received from Herrn Froggatt who identified it as capito)
- Bolton, B. 1995b. A new general catalogue of the ants of the world. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 504 pp. (page 97, catalogue)
- Forel, A. 1915b. Results of Dr. E. Mjöbergs Swedish Scientific Expeditions to Australia 1910-13. 2. Ameisen. Ark. Zool. 9(1 16: 1-119 (page 100, worker described)