Key to Australian Odontomachus Species
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Dorsum of first gastral tergite smooth, finely punctate or leather-like, or at most partly striate on the posterior half => 2
- Dorsum of first gastral tergite completely striate => 3
- First gastral tergite in part densely and finely sculptured, at least in a strip along the posterior border; pronotum in profile angled medially => Odontomachus ruficeps
- First gastral tergite uniformly smooth and shining, though sometimes with minute, discrete punctures and pubescence distributed over most or all of its dorsal surface; pronotum in profile uniformly convex => Odontomachus simillimus
- Erect hairs absent from pronotum and first gastral tergite => Odontomachus cephalotes
- Erect hairs present on pronotum and first gastral tergite => Odontomachus turneri
- Brown, W.L., Jr. (1976) Contributions toward a reclassification of the Formicidae. Part VI. Ponerinae, tribe Ponerini, subtribe Odontomachiti. Section A. Introduction, subtribal characters. Genus Odontomachus. Studia Entomologica, 19, 67–171.
- Brown, W.L., Jr. (1978) A supplement to the world revision of Odontomachus (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Psyche (Cambridge), 83, 281–285.