Key to Peronomyrmex Species
AntWiki - Where Ant Biologists Share Their Knowledge
- Sculpturing on dorsum of head consisting of distinct longitudinal rugae => Peronomyrmex bartoni
- Sculpturing on dorsum of head essentially absent, limited to small, scattered punctures or superficial reticulations => 2
- Antennal scrobes relatively well developed, with distinct rugae along inner margins; posterior face of postpetiole essentially flat; area between humeral angles convex => Peronomyrmex overbecki
- Antennal scrobes little more than shallow troughs, lacking rugae along their margins; posterior face of postpetiole broadly concave; area between humeral angles flat => Peronomyrmex greavesi
- Shattuck, S.O. (2006) A third species in the rare Australian ant genus Peronomyrmex Viehmeyer (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Zootaxa, 1194, 49–55.
- Shattuck, S. O., Hinkley, S. (2002). A second species in the ant genus Peronomyrmex (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) . Australian Journal of Entomology. 41 : 104–105.