| Myopias tasmaniensis|
Wheeler, W.M., 1923
Keys including this Species
- Key to Australian Myopias Species
- Key to Myopias workers
- Key to Ponerinae genera of the southwestern Australian Botanical Province
Heterick (2009) - Myopias tasmaniensis has been collected just twice from near Manjimup, in the extreme south-west of the SWBP, WA. This species is otherwise known from Eastern Australia (Queensland to Tasmania).
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
Willey and Brown (1983) - Two collections made by Father Bede Lowery extend the range far to the north in eastern Australia; Minnamurra Falls, near Kiama, New South Wales, nest in soil of very moist forest, behind rock slab set in a vertical bank, 22 Dec. 1959; Cunningham's Gap, southeastern Queensland, at about 600 m in rain forest,. 22 Jan. 1961.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- tasmaniensis. Myopias tasmaniensis Wheeler, W.M. 1923e: 177, fig. 1 (w.) TASMANIA. Wheeler, G.C. & Wheeler, J. 1964b: 454 (l.). Senior synonym of diadela: Brown, 1953i: 51.
- diadela. Trapeziopelta diadela Clark, 1934c: 54, pl. 4, figs. 7, 8 (w.q.) AUSTRALIA. Junior synonym of tasmaniensis: Brown, 1953i: 51.
- Myopias tasmaniensis: Syntype, 2 workers, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, Museum of Comparative Zoology.
- Trapeziopelta diadela Clark, 1934: Syntype, worker(s), queen(s), Turtons Track, Beech Forest, Victoria, Australia, Museum Victoria, Melbourne.
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1953i. An Australian Trapeziopelta (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Psyche (Camb.) 60: 51 (page 51, Senior synonym of diadela)
- Heterick, B. E. 2009. A guide to the ants of South-western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum, Supplement 76:1-206. PDF
- Wheeler, G. C.; Wheeler, J. 1964b. The ant larvae of the subfamily Ponerinae: supplement. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am. 57: 443-462 (page 454, larva described)
- Wheeler, W. M. 1923f. Ants of the genera Myopias and Acanthoponera. Psyche (Camb.) 30: 175-192 (page 177, fig. 1 worker described)
- Willey, R. B. and Brown, W. L., Jr. 1983. New species of the ant genus Myopias (Hymenoptera: Formicidae: Ponerinae). Psyche. 90:249-285. PDF