Ogata & Taylor, 1991
Keys including this Species
Heterick (2009) - The usual range of the hirsute Myrmecia erecta, according to its authors (Ogata and Taylor 1991), has a distribution ranging from south-eastern WA through to the southern gulfs of SA. However, the Curtin Ant Collection has a specimen, apparently of that species, that was collected at Karragullen, near Perth.
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- erecta. Myrmecia erecta Ogata & Taylor, 1991: 1655, figs. 41-43 (w.q.) AUSTRALIA.
- Holotype, worker, Stenhouse Bay, South Australia, Australia, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Paratype, 14 workers, Stenhouse Bay, South Australia, Australia, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Paratype, numerous workers, South Australia and Western Australia, Australia, various museums.
- Heterick, B. E. 2009. A guide to the ants of South-western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum, Supplement 76:1-206. PDF
- Ogata, K.; Taylor, R. W. 1991. Ants of the genus Myrmecia Fabricius: a preliminary review and key to the named species (Hymenoptera: Formicidae: Myrmeciinae). J. Nat. Hist. 2 25: 1623-1673 (page 1665, figs. 41-43 worker, queen described)