| Stigmacros anthracina|
Keys including this Species
In the SWBP this rather uncommon ant has only been collected in the Darling Range south of Perth, but it was originally described from Mt Lofty, near Adelaide, SA.
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- anthracina. Stigmacros (Campostigmacros) anthracina McAreavey, 1957: 29, figs. 95-97 (w.) AUSTRALIA. Wheeler, G.C. & Wheeler, J. 1974a: 60 (l.).
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
- Stigmacros (Campostigmacros) anthracina McAreavey, 1957: Syntype, 9 workers, Mt. Lofty, South Australia, Australia, Lea,A.M., ANIC32-017838, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Stigmacros (Campostigmacros) anthracina McAreavey, 1957: Syntype, worker(s), Mt. Lofty, South Australia, Australia, Museum Victoria, Melbourne.
- Heterick, B. E. 2009. A guide to the ants of South-western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum, Supplement 76: 1-206. Part 2 PDF
- McAreavey, J. 1957. Revision of the genus Stigmacros Forel. Mem. Natl. Mus. Vic. 21: 7-64 (page 29, figs. 95-97 worker described)
- Wheeler, G. C.; Wheeler, J. 1974a. Ant larvae of the subfamily Formicinae: third supplement. J. Ga. Entomol. Soc. 9: 59-64 (page 60, larva described)