This species is known from rainforest litter samples.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- enanna. Strumigenys enanna Bolton, 2000: 975 (w.) AUSTRALIA.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Holotype. TL 2.2, HL 0.60, HW 0.48, CI 80, ML 0.23, MI 38, SL 0.29, SI 60, PW 0.29, AL 0.59. Characters of emdeni-complex; closely related to emdeni and answering that description except for the following. Cephalic dorsum densely clothed with pale spoon-shaped to scale-like ground-pilosity but this pilosity not reproduced on promesonotal dorsum where the ground-pilosity is of inconspicuous scattered small hairs. There are a few spoon-shaped hairs on the dorsolateral margins, especially on the posterior half of the pronotum, but the overall appearance of the ground-pilosity is much less dense and much weaker than on the cephalic dorsum. Side of alitrunk entirely reticulate-punctate, without smooth areas anywhere. Disc of postpetiole unsculptured.
Paratypes. TL 2.1-2.2, HL 0.60-0.64, HW 0.48-0.50, CI 78-82, ML 0.22-0.23, MI 35-38, SL 0.28-0.30, SI 57-60, PW 0.29, AL 0.58-0.59 (4 measured).
Holotype worker, Australia: Queensland (NEQ), Noah Creek, Cape Trihulation, 16.x.1980, QM Berlesate No. 259, 5 m, rainforest sieved litter (G. B. Monteith) (Australian National Insect Collection). Paratypes. 1 worker with same data as holotype; 2 workers, Australia: North East Queensland, Table Mtn, 10 km. S of Cape Tribulation, 24.iv.1983, QM Berlesate No. 540, 16.09S, 145.26E, 320 m, rainforest, sieved litter (G.B. Monteith & D. Cook); 2 workers, NE Queensland, 2.5 km. W of Cape Tribulation (Site 5), 21.iv.1983, QM Berlesate No. 533, 16.05S, 145.27E, 180 m, rainforest, sieved litter (G.B. Monteith & D. K. Yeates) (ANIC, The Natural History Museum).
- Holotype, worker, Noah Creek, Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia, Moneith,G.B., ANIC32-017729, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Paratype, 2 workers, Table Mtn, 10km S Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia, Monteith,G. & Cook,D., ANIC32-017730, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Paratype, 2 workers, 2.5km W Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia, Monteith,G.B. & Yeates,D.K., ANIC32-017731, Australian National Insect Collection.
- Paratype, 1 worker, 2.5km W Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia, The Natural History Museum.
- Bolton, B. 2000. The ant tribe Dacetini. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute. 65:1-1028. (page 975, worker described)