AntWiki - Where Ant Biologists Share Their Knowledge
- In the soil with or without any cover such as rocks or fallen logs.
- On the ground beneath logs and stones, in or between grass stems.
- Within the cavities of living or dead plants, including hollow stems, bamboo internodes, the base of ferns in trees, cavities under bark, or within myrmecophyte plants.
- On or within rock crevices.
- Among leaves or twigs, either against a single surface such as a trunk or between adjacent surfaces such as leaves.