|% Endemic Genera||0.0%|
|% Endemic Species||11.1%|
The following valid species and subspecies of ants are known to occur in East Timor. Unidentified and undescribed species will be added to this list as identifications are verified and taxonomic revisions are published. This species list is based upon the effort of many ant collectors as well as myrmecologists who have published on the taxonomy of East Timor ants. Those who have specimen records that expand this list are encouraged to submit this information in the discussion section of the East Timor Ants web page. Please advise if any corrections are warranted.
See the list of ants from Timor and surrounding islands. This list includes the ants from East Timor.
- Calyptomyrmex beccarii Emery, 1887
- Myopopone castanea (Smith, F., 1860)
- Paratrechina longicornis (Latreille, 1802)
- Polyrhachis saevissima timorensis Forel, 1913
- Rhytidoponera hanieli Forel, 1913
- Technomyrmex difficilis Forel, 1892
- Tetramorium rekhefe Bolton, 1979
- Colin R. Trainor A C, Alan N. Andersen, 2010. The ant fauna of Timor and neighbouring islands: potential bridges between the disjunct faunas of South East Asia and Australia. Australian Journal of Zoology. 58(3): 133-144.