Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wheeler, W.M., 1935
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Melophorus.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- TRICHOMELOPHORUS [junior synonym of Melophorus]
- Trichomelophorus Wheeler, W.M. 1935c: 71 [as subgenus of Melophorus]. Type-species: Melophorus hirsutus, by original designation.
- Trichomelophorus junior synonym of Melophorus: Brown, 1955d: 474.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 131, Trichomelophorus as junior synonym of Melophorus)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1955d. A revision of the Australian ant genus Notoncus Emery, with notes on the other genera of Melophorini. Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool. 113: 471-494 (page 474, Trichomelophorus as junior synonym of Melophorus)
- Wheeler, W. M. 1935c. Myrmecological notes. Psyche (Camb.) 42: 68-72 (page 71, Trichomelophorus as subgenus of Melophorus)