AntWiki - Where Ant Biologists Share Their Knowledge
| Formica custodiens, now Anoplolepis custodiens
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Anoplolepis.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- ZEALLEYELLA [junior synonym of Anoplolepis]
- Zealleyella Arnold, 1922: 579 (diagnosis in key) [as subgenus of Plagiolepis]. Type-species: Formica custodiens, by subsequent designation of Santschi, 1926a: 14.
- Zealleyella subgenus of Anoplolepis: Santschi, 1926a: 14.
- Zealleyella junior synonym of Anoplolepis: Bolton, 2003: 96, 267.
- Arnold, G. 1922. A monograph of the Formicidae of South Africa. Part V. Myrmicinae. Ann. S. Afr. Mus. 14: 579-674 (page 579, Zealleyella; (diagnosis in key) as subgenus of Plagiolepis)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 96, 267, Zealleyella as junior synonym of Anoplolepis)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1973b. A comparison of the Hylean and Congo-West African rain forest ant faunas. Pp. 161-185 in: Meggers, B. J., Ayensu, E. S., Duckworth, W. D. (eds.) Tropical forest ecosystems in Africa and South America: a comparative review. Wash (page 185, Zealleyella as junior synonym of Anoplolepis (provisonal))
- Santschi, F. 1926a. Trois notes myrmécologiques. Ann. Soc. Entomol. Fr. 95: 13-28 (page 14, Type-species: Formica custodiens, by subsequent designation; Zealleyella as subgenus of Anoplolepis)