Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See Ant Identification for guidelines on how to identify ants.
- Several Identification keys are available, covering different Taxa and Geographic regions.
- Some regions have summary pages that gather all current available information to identify ants to species level:
- Character States for Extant Ant Genera of the Formicidae are listed in a table derived from Synopsis of the Formicidae (Bolton 2003).
Browse by Rank
Taxa by Region
Taxa by Country
- All fossils (subfamilies, genera and species)
- Fossil genera and species by subfamily
Lists of Names
- Taxa described for each year from 1758 to current year
- Assorted lists of Names in Taxonomy
- List of Museums and Institutions with Formicidae Collections
- New General Catalogue - Barry Bolton continues to revise both the Synopsis and New General Catalogue and updated versions are made available every six months.
- Data - In addition to the NGC, lists of taxon names and associated data can be downloaded as spreadsheet files. Right-click, save and open with Excel.
- World Distribution