Blacker, Nicholas C.
AntWiki - Where Ant Biologists Share Their Knowledge
Biology Department, University of Victoria, Victoria, B.C. V8W 2Y2
Working around Salisbury between 1992 and 1999 Nicholas Blacker recorded 26 species, 9 of which represented additions to the earlier county list.
- Blacker, N. C. 1989. The ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) of the Gower Peninsula, West Glamorgan, South Wales. Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation 101:261-266.
- Blacker, N. C. 1992. Some ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) from southern Vancouver Island, British Columbia. J. Entomol. Soc. B. C. 89: 3-12 PDF
- Blacker, N. C. 1994. A proposed ecological relationship between the main species-groups of the ant genus Formica L. (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) found in northern Europe, with comments on the closely allied genus Polyergus Latreille. Entomologist's Gazette 45:127-140.
- Blacker, N.C.2007. Ants in East Anglia- Additional records for 2005. Entomologists Monthly Magazine 69-90. PDF
- Blacker, N.C. & Collingwood, C.A. 2002. Some significant new records of ants from the Salisbury area, South Wiltshire, England, with a key to the British species of Lasius. British Journal of Entomology and Natural History 15: 25-46. PDF