Afrotropical Camponotus fulvopilosus species group
This group has been defined and treated in Robertson & Zachariades 1997 
- Dorsal and lateral surfaces of pronotum meeting at an angle. This edge is usually clearly demarcated in the whole pronotum length but in some majors it can be restricted to its anterior third.
- Anterior corners of pronotum clearly demarcated, forming an obtuse angle which in some majors can form blunt triangular spines.
- Gaster covered with thick, conspicuous yellow quetae, although bare patches can be present.
- Hind tibiae with cross section angulate.
fulvopilosus (De Geer, 1778) (Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa)
• Camponotus fulvopilosus detritoides Forel, 1910
• Camponotus fulvopilosus flavopilosus Emery, 1895
• Formica pilosa Olivier, 1792
• Formica rufiventris Fabricius Fabricius, 1804