This species inhabits well-developed forests, and forage on trees.
- 1 Identification
- 2 Distribution
- 3 Biology
- 4 Castes
- 5 Nomenclature
- 6 References
- 7 References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
A member of the Crematogaster ranavalonae-group.
This species is similar to Crematogaster imperfecta, but differs in having circular propodeal spiracles and broader petiole.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- hashimi. Crematogaster hashimi Hosoishi, 2015: 80, fig. 31 (w.) MALAYSIA.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
(type and non-type workers, n = 12). HW 0.80-0.88; HL 0.77-0.82; CI 100-109; SL 0.67-0.75; SI 82-89; EL 0.16-0.18; PW 0.48-0.56; WL 0.87-0.98; PSL 0.03-0.06; PtL 0.23-0.26; PtW 0.22-0.26; PtH 0.13-0.15; PpL 0.15-0.17; PpW 0.24-0.28; PtHI 54-61; PtWI 96-109; PpWI 153-167; WI 96-108.
Head appearing subquadratic in front view. Mandible weakly striate, with four teeth, apical and subapical teeth large, basal two teeth smaller. Scape exceeding posterior corner of head, with appressed setae, each of which is less than width of scape in length. Compound eye large and slightly projecting beyond lateral margin of head in full face view.
Ventrolateral katepisternal ridge indistinct posteriorly. Propodeal spine undeveloped, but as small tubercule in some workers; length distinctly shorter than propodeal spiracle. Propodeal spiracle large and circular, situated close to propodeal declivity in lateral view, directed laterally.
In dorsal view, shape of petiole scoop with convex side, longer than broad. Anterolateral corner of petiole rounded. Petiolar spiracle small, less than half of propodeal spiracle in size. In dorsal view, postpetiole slightly broader than long. Postpetiole weakly bilobed, but without longitudinal median sulcus. Postpetiole as wide as petiole in dorsal view.
Integument essentially smooth and shiny. Clypeus smooth and shiny without rugulae. Malar region smooth and shiny. Dorsal surface of promesonotum smooth and shiny. Lateral surface of pronotum smooth and shiny. Mesopleuron smooth and shiny. Dorsal surface of propodeum smooth and shiny. Lateral propodeum smooth and shiny.
Erect pilosity almost absent. Dorsum of head, clypeus, mesosoma and fourth abdominal tergite with short and appressed sparse setae . Clypeus without longer setae on anteriormost portion. Anterior clypeal margin with two or three pairs of longer setae on median portion, with some shorter setae on side. No erect setae on pronotal shoulder. Posterolateral tubercle with some appressed setae. Ventral surface of petiole without setae. Postpetiole without longer erect setae posteriorly. Fourth abdominal tergite with appressed setae.
Body color reddish brown.
- Holotype, worker, Ulu Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia, , 15.iii.2010, S. Hosoishi, SH10-Mal-67, KUMANT012, FRIM.
- Paratype, 7 workers, Ulu Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia, , 15.iii.2010, S. Hosoishi, SH10-Mal-67, KUMANT012, CASC: KUMAN013; KUM: KUMANT014; BMNH: KUMANT015, MCZC: KUMANT016; MHNG: KUMANT017; MBBJ: KUMANT018; THNHM: KUMANT019.
The species is dedicated to Dr. Rosli Hashim, University of Malaya, who helped with field surveys in Malaysia.
- Hosoishi, S. 2015. Revision of the Crematogaster ranavalonae-group in Asia, with description of two new species (Hymenoptera, Formicidae). Journal of Hymenoptera Research 42, 63-92.
References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
- Hosoishi S. 2015. Revision of the Crematogaster ranavalonae-group in Asia, with description of two new species (Hymenoptera, Formicidae). Journal of Hymenoptera Research 42: 63-92.