The type locality is a mountain range in southeastern Brazil, the Serra do Brigadeiro, located 40 km from the Viçosa municipality. The D. bobi type series was sampled between 1300 and 1800 meters. It has never been sampled in Viçosa (average height 700 m), despite it having a well-sampled, and well-known, ant fauna. The area around the type location has been only occasionally explored.
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- bobi. Discothyrea bobi Chaul, 2020: 202, figs. 1-3, 5 (w.q.) BRAZIL.
- Type-material: holotype worker, 5 paratype workers, 1 paratype queen.
- Type-locality: holotype Brazil: Minas Gerais, P.E. Serra do Brigadeiro, 1600 m., i.2007, Winkler (R. Solar); paratypes with same data except for varying altitudes.
- Type-depositories: UFVB (holotype); DZUP, INPA, MPEG, MZSP, UFVB (paratypes).
- Distribution: Brazil.
- Holotype, worker, P. E. Serra do Brigadeiro, Minas Gerais, 1,600m, Brazil, , January, 2007, R. Solar, UFV-LABECOL-000035, Entomological Collection of the Laboratory of Systematics and Biology of Coleoptera at the Universidade Federal de Viçosa, Viçosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil; winkler.
- Paratypes: Five pinned workers and one pinned dealate queen with same data as holotype, except for altitude of sampling point:
- CELC: UFV-LABECOL-000036, queen, altitude 1,800 m
- MZSP: UFV-LABECOL-000033, worker, altitude “1300-1800 m”
- DZUP: UFVLABECOL-000050, worker, altitude “1,300-1,800 m”
- MPEG: UFV-LABECOL-010838, worker, altitude 1,600 m
- INPA: UFV-LABECOL-000034, worker, altitude 1,500 m
- JTLC: UFV-LABECOL-000114, worker