Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Scientific classification (junior synonym of Eciton vagans angustatum)|
This taxon is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Eciton vagans angustatum.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- brunnea. Eciton brunnea Norton, 1868c: 6 (w.) MEXICO. [Eciton brunnea Norton, 1868a: 62. Nomen nudum.] Junior synonym of rapax: Norton, 1868b: 45; of vagans: Emery, 1910b: 21; of angustatum: Borgmeier, 1955: 229.
- Borgmeier, T. 1955. Die Wanderameisen der neotropischen Region. Stud. Entomol. 3: 1-720 (page 229, Junior synonym of angustatum)
- Emery, C. 1910b. Hymenoptera. Fam. Formicidae. Subfam. Dorylinae. Genera Insectorum 102: 1-34 (page 21, Junior synonym of vagans)
- Norton, E. 1868b. Remarks by Edward Norton. [Followed by: "The species of Eciton forwarded by Prof. Sumichrast may be temporarily classified as follows."]. Trans. Am. Entomol. Soc. 2: 44-46 (page 45, Junior synonym of rapax)
- Norton, E. 1868c. Description of Mexican ants noticed in the American Naturalist, April, 1868. Proc. Essex Inst. (Commun.) 6: 1-10 (page 6, worker described)