Key to US Cephalotes species
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following key to the Cephalotes workers of the United States has been modified from de Andrade & Baroni Urbani (1999). For all species see the Key to Cephalotes species.
- Dorsum of the head with long erect hairs => Cephalotes rohweri
- Dorsum of the head with erect hairs either missing or very short => 2
- Frontal carinae with a deep incision over the eyes; body reddish => Cephalotes varians
- Frontal carinae straight, not incised, over the eyes; body primarily black => Cephalotes texanus
- de Andrade, M. L. & Baroni Urbani, C. 1999. Diversity and adaptation in the ant genus Cephalotes, past and present. Stuttgarter Beitrage zur Naturkunde Series B (Geolgie and Palaontologie). 271:1-889.