There are five species in this genus which are Parasitoids of ants. The oviposition habits and morphology of the egg and first instar were described by Ishii (1932) for L. uichancoi. The egg is stalked as in most Eucharitidae. A revised interpretation of the planidum was presented in Heraty (1994) and larvae are the same as for Orasema, with tergites I and II separated and not fused as illustrated by Ishii. Oviposition was made in short parallel rows into incisions made into the undersurface of leaves of Celtis philippinensis Blanco (Cannabaceae) and Leucaena glauca Benth. (Fabaceae).
|Genus and species||Author and Year||Ant Host||Distribution||Notes|
|Losbanus bouceki||(Heraty, 1994)||ants||Papua New Guinea|
|Losbanus ishii||(Heraty, 1994)||ants||Taiwan|
|Losbanus promecea||(Heraty, 1994)||ants||Papua New Guinea|
|Losbanus rugulosa||(Heraty, 1994)||ants||New Britain|
|Losbanus uichancoi||Ishii, 1932||ants||Philippines|
- Heraty, J.M. Revision of the genera |Gollumiella| Hedqvist and |Anorasema| Boucek (Hymenoptera: Eucharitidae). JOURBOOK: Invertebrate Taxonomy VOLUME: 6(3) PAGES: 583-604. (1992).
- Heraty, J.M. Classification and evolution of the Oraseminae in the Old World, including revision of two closely related genera of Eucharitinae (Hymenoptera: Eucharitidae). JOURBOOK: Life Sciences Contributions, Royal Ontario Museum VOLUME: 157 PAGES: vii+174pp. (1994).
- Heraty, J.M. A revision of the genera of Eucharitidae (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) of the World. JOURBOOK: Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute VOLUME: 68 PAGES: 367pp. (2002).
- Heraty, J. Three new species of ¦Gollumiella¦ Hedqvist (Hymenoptera: Eucharitidae). JOURBOOK: Zootaxa VOLUME: 497 PAGES: 1-10. (2004).
- Heraty JM, Mbanyana N, Noort SV (2020) A new species of Eucharissa Westwood (Eucharitidae) from South Africa, with an evaluation of the importance of pupae for assessing relationships in these ant parasitoids. Journal of Hymenoptera Research 79: 43–55. https://doi.org/10.3897/jhr.79.56042
- Ishii, T. 1932. Some Philippine eucharids with notes on their oviposition habits. Bulletin of the Imperial agricultural Experiment Station, Nishigahara 3: 203-212.
- Waterston, J. Notes on African Chalcidoidea IV. JOURBOOK: Bulletin of Entomological Research VOLUME: 6 PAGES: 413-423. (1916).
- Westwood, J.O. 1868. Descriptions of new genera and species of Chalcididae. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of London 1868:xxxvii
- Westwood, J.O. Thesaurus entomologicus Oxoniensis; or, illustrations of new, rare, and interesting insects, PAGES: xxiv+205pp, 40 plates. (1874).