Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Labidus fargeavii (junior synonym of Eciton quadriglume)|
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Eciton.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- MAYROMYRMEX [junior synonym of Eciton]
- Mayromyrmex Ashmead, 1905b: 381. Type-species: Labidus fargeavii (junior synonym of Atta quadriglumis), by original designation.
- Mayromyrmex junior synonym of Eciton: Emery, 1906a: 718.
- Ashmead, W. H. 1905c. A skeleton of a new arrangement of the families, subfamilies, tribes and genera of the ants, or the superfamily Formicoidea. Can. Entomol. 37: 381-384 (page 381, Mayromyrmex in Ecitoninae, Ecitonini)
- Ashmead, W. H. 1906. Classification of the foraging and driver ants, or Family Dorylidae, with a description of the genus Ctenopyga Ashm. Proc. Entomol. Soc. Wash. 8: 21-31 (page 24, Mayromyrmex in Ecitoninae, Ecitonini)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 144, Mayromyrmex as junior synonym of Eciton)
- Borgmeier, T. 1955. Die Wanderameisen der neotropischen Region. Stud. Entomol. 3: 1-720 (page 162, Mayromyrmex as junior synonym of Eciton)
- Emery, C. 1906a. Über W. H. Ashmeads neues System der Ameisen. Zool. Anz. 29: 717-718 (page 718, Mayromyrmex as junior synonym of Eciton)
- Emery, C. 1910b. Hymenoptera. Fam. Formicidae. Subfam. Dorylinae. Genera Insectorum 102: 1-34 (page 19, Mayromyrmex as junior synonym of Eciton)