This species has been found in the leaf litter of rainforest habitats.
- HL 0.39-0.42, HW 0.32-0.35.
- SL 0.32-0.36 (SI 100-109).
- AL 0.44-0.46.
- Maximum diameter of eye 0.21-0.24 x HW, with 5-6 ommatidia in longest row.
- Legs very pale, conspicuously much lighter than alitrunk.
- Propodeal spiracle of moderate size.
- Alitrunk very dark brown.
- HL 0.46-0.50, HW 0.37-0.40.
- SL 0.39-0.42 (SI 103-105).
- AL 0.54-0.58.
- Maximum diameter of eye 0.22-0.26 x HW, with 6-7 ommatidia in longest row.
- Legs only slightly lighter in colour than alitrunk.
- Propodeal spiracle large.
- Alitrunk light brown.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- noxitum. Monomorium noxitum Bolton, 1987: 403 (w.) CAMEROUN.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Holotype. TL 2.1, HL 0.49, HW 0.40, CI 82, SL 0.42, SI 105, PW 0.27, AL 0.56.
Answering the description of Monomorium draxocum holotype and with biconvex head as shown for Monomorium gabrielense (Fig. 76). Differing from draxocum holotype by having 7 ommatidia in the longest facet-row of the eye. The metanotal cross-ribs are much more distinct laterally than in draxocum and are not confused with the strong reticulate-punctate sculpture of the mesopleuron. Head and alitrunk brown, with blackish brown gaster; legs scarcely lighter in shade than alitrunk.
Paratypes. TL 2.0-2.1, HL 0.46-0.50, HW 0.37-0.40, CI 79-82, SL 0.39-0.42, SI 103-105, PW 0.24-0.27, AL 0.54-0.58 (8 measured). As holotype but maximum diameter of eye 0.22-0.26 x HW (0.23 x HW in holotype) and with 6-7 ommatidia in the longest row.
Holotype worker, Cameroun: Nkoemvon, 1980 (D. Jackson) (The Natural History Museum). Paratypes, 8 workers with same data as holotype (BMNH; Museum of Comparative Zoology; Musee d'Histoire Naturelle Genève).