Morphology and Terminology
Information on morphology and terminology can be found on the following pages.
- Worker Morphology (Morphological Terms, from Bolton, 1994, in part)
- Queen and Male Morphology (Boudinot, 2015)
- Mandibles (Morphological and Functional Diversity of Ant Mandibles)
- Trap-jaw mechanisms (Dacetine trap-jaws)
- Male Genitalia (see Boudinot, 2013)
- Hair Shape (Lattke et al. 2018)
- Hymenoptera Anatomy Ontology Portal (Hymenoptera-wide homology concepts)
- Hindwings (see Cantone et al., 2019)
Life History Strategies
- Terminology Descriptions of life history strategies used throughout AntWiki.
X-ray micro-CT scan 3D model of Proceratium sp. (worker) prepared by the Economo lab at OIST.
X-ray micro-CT scan 3D model of Melissotarsus (worker) prepared by the Economo lab at OIST.