Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wheeler, W.M., 1927
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Amblyopone.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- NEOAMBLYOPONE [junior synonym of Amblyopone]
- Neoamblyopone Wheeler, W.M. 1927c: 1 [as subgenus of Amblyopone]. Type-species: Amblyopone (Neoamblyopone) clarki, by monotypy.
- Neoamblyopone junior synonym of Amblyopone: Brown, 1949c: 87.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 154, Neoamblyopone as junior synonym of Amblyopone)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1949e. A new American Amblyopone, with notes on the genus (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Psyche (Camb.) 56: 81-88 (page 87, Neoamblyopone as junior synonym of Amblyopone)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1960a. Contributions toward a reclassification of the Formicidae. III. Tribe Amblyoponini (Hymenoptera). Bull. Mus. Comp. Zool. 122: 143-230 (page 155, Neoamblyopone as junior synonym of Amblyopone)
- Wheeler, W. M. 1927c. Ants of the genus Amblyopone Erichson. Proc. Am. Acad. Arts Sci. 62: 1-29 (page 1, Neoamblyopone as subgenus of Amblyopone)