Kurane, Bhoje & Sathe, 2015
This recently described species of Oecophylla is undoubtedly a junior synonym of the common and widespread Oecophylla smaragdina.
According to the key this species runs close to Oecophylla smaragdina by having following characters (Bingham, 1903):
- Colour pattern
- Clypeus strongly convex
However, it differs from above species by following characters,
- Eyes more larger
- Body proportion length and width
- Legs shorter (longer in O. smaragdina)
- Flagellar formula : 1L/W=2.1, 3L/W = 2.1 , 4L/W = 2.4 , A=2.2
Distribution based on type material
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- kolhapurensis. Oecophylla kolhapurensis Kurane, Bhoje & Sathe, 2015: 39, figs. 1-5 (cited in paper, missing from PDF) (w.) INDIA.
- Holotype, worker, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India, 13 November 2014, Kurane, S.H.; head, antenna, legs and abdomen mounted on the card sheet.
- Paratype, 2 workers, Kolhapur, India, 4 March 2012, Kurane, S.H..
- Paratype, 3 workers, Kagal, India, 17 March 2013, Kurane, S.H..
- Paratype, 2 workers, Panhala, India, 19 November 2014, Kurane, S.H..