Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Polyhomoa itoi (junior synonym of Strumigenys mutica)
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Strumigenys.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- POLYHOMOA [junior synonym of Strumigenys]
- Polyhomoa Azuma, 1950: 36. Type-species: Polyhomoa itoi (junior synonym of Kyidris mutica), by monotypy.
- Polyhomoa junior synonym of Kyidris: Creighton, 1950b: 93; Brown & Yasumatsu, 1951: 93.
- Polyhomoa junior synonym of Pyramica: Bolton, 1999: 1668; Bolton, 2000: 91.
- Azuma, M. 1950a. On the myrmecological-fauna of Tomogashima, Kii Prov., with the description of new genus and new species. Hyogo Biol. 1: 34-37 (page 36, Polyhomoa as genus)
- Bolton, B. 1999. Ant genera of the tribe Dacetonini (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). J. Nat. Hist. 3 33: 1639-1689 (page 1668, Polyhomoa as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Bolton, B. 2000. The ant tribe Dacetini. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 65: 1-1028 (page 91, Polyhomoa as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 190, Polyhomoa as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Brown, W. L., Jr.; Yasumatsu, K. 1951. On the publication date of Polyhomoa itoi Azuma (Hymenoptera, Formicidae). Mushi 22: 93-95 (page 93, Polyhomoa as junior synonym of Kyidris)
- Creighton, W. S. 1950b. Polyhomoa Azuma, a synonym of Kyidris Brown (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Psyche (Camb.) 57: 93-94 (page 93, Polyhomoa as junior synonym of Kyidris)