Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Schizopelta falcata, now Monomorium falcatum|
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Monomorium.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- SCHIZOPELTA [junior synonym of Monomorium]
- Schizopelta McAreavey, 1949: 14. Type-species: Schizopelta falcata, by original designation.
- Schizopelta junior synonym of Chelaner: Ettershank, 1966: 93.
- Schizopelta junior synonym of Monomorium: Bolton, 1987: 287.
- Bolton, B. 1987. A review of the Solenopsis genus-group and revision of Afrotropical Monomorium Mayr (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Bull. Br. Mus. (Nat. Hist.) Entomol. 54: 263-452 (page 287, Schizopelta junior synonym of Monomorium)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 213, Schizopelta as junior synonym of Chelaner)
- Ettershank, G. 1966. A generic revision of the world Myrmicinae related to Solenopsis and Pheidologeton (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Aust. J. Zool. 14: 73-171 (page 93, Schizopelta as junior synonym of Monomorium)
- McAreavey, J. 1949. Australian Formicidae. New genera and species. Proc. Linn. Soc. N. S. W. 74: 1-25 (page 14, Schizopelta as genus)