Jump to navigation Jump to search
Temporal range: Early Miocene Shanwang, China
Zhang, J., 1989
|Shanwangella palaeoptera, now Camponotus palaeopterus|
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Camponotus.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- †SHANWANGELLA [junior synonym of Camponotus]
- †Shanwangella Zhang, J. 1989: 307. Type-species: †Shanwangella palaeoptera, by original designation.
- †Shanwangella junior synonym of Camponotus: Hong & Wu, 2000: 20.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 112, Shanwangella as junior synonym of Camponotus)
- Hong, Y.; Wu, J. 2000. The emendation of Shanwangella palaeoptera Zhang and its concerned problems. Geoscience (Beijing) 14: 15-20 (page 20, Shanwangella as junior synonym of Camponotus)
- Zhang, J. 1989. Fossil insects from Shanwang, Shandong, China. Jinan, China: Shandong Science and Technology Publishing House, 459 pp. (page 307, Shanwangella as genus)