(Xu, Z., 2000)
Stigmatomma mulanae is known from the single holotype queen. The specimen was collected from a soil sample in semi-evergreen monsoon forest.
Keys including this Species
Known only from Yunnan Province, China.
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
Workers and males have not been collected.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- mulanae. Bannapone mulanae Xu, 2000b: 301, figs. 10-12 (q.) CHINA. Combination in Stigmatomma: Ward & Fisher, 2016: 691.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Holotype dealate female: TL 2.1, HL 0.38, HW 0.32, CI 84, SL 0.20, SI 63, PW 0.28, AL 0.58, ED 0.08, ML 0.30, PL 0.14, DPW 0.20, PH 0.19, LPI 136, DPI 105. Head rectangular and depressed, longer than broad, slightly broader anteriorly. Occipital margin weakly emarginate in the middle. Occipital corners roundly prominent. Lateral sides nearly straight. Mandibles long triangular, inner margin distinctly shorter than masticatory margin. Masticatory margin with 3 teeth, the apical tooth long and acute, bifid at most apex, then followed by 2 blunt finger-like teeth, which slightly expended at apex. Clypeus very narrow and transverse, anterior margin weakly convex. Antennae short, 11-segmented, apex of scape reached to 1/ 2 of the distance from antennal socket to occipital corner, funiculi 3- 9 broader than long. Eyes moderate large, situated at the midlength of the side of the head. Ocelli present. Alitrunk with full complement of flight sclerites and certainly winged when virgin. In profile view dorsum of alitrunk evenly convex. Dorsum of Propodeum slightly depressed, posterodorsal corner rounded, declivity depressed vertically. In
profile view petiolar node roughly rectangular and higher than long, broadly attached to first gastral segment, anterodorsal corner roundly prominent. Subpetiolar process narrow, cuneiform. Gaster large, roughly cylindrical, segments with the similar length, constriction between the 2 basal segments indistinct. Sting long and functional. Mandibles finely rugulose, less shining .Head, alitrunk, petiole and gaster densely and finely punctured and relatively dull, gaster weakly punctured and more shining. Dorsum of head and body, and appendages with abundant decumbent pubescences, erect hairs very sparse and absent on scapes and tibiae. Body in color yellowish brown. Eyes, ocelli area and tegulae black.
Holotype: dealate female, No.A98- 418, 900 m, Manzhuang Village, Mengla County, Yunnan Province, collected from a soil sample in semi-evergreen monsoon forest, 1998-III-10 ( LIU Tai-Yong). The type specimens are deposited in the Insect Collection, Faculty of Resources, Southwest Forestry College, Kunming,Yunnan Province, P1 R1 China.
- Eguchi, K., Bui, T.V., Yamane, S., and Terayama, M. 2015. Redefinition of the genus Bannapone and description of B. cryptica sp. nov. (Hymenoptera: Formicidae: Amblyoponinae). Zootaxa. 4013:77–86.
- Hsu, F.-C., Esteves, F.A., Chou, L.-S., Lin, C.-C. 2017. A new species of Stigmatomma from Taiwan (Hymenoptera, Formicidae, Amblyoponinae). ZooKeys 705: 81–94 (DOI 10.3897/zookeys.705.10296).
- Ward, P.S. & Fisher, B.L. 2016. Tales of dracula ants: the evolutionary history of the ant subfamily Amblyoponinae (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Systematic Entomology, 41, 683–693 (doi:10.1111/syen.12186).
- Xu, Z.-H. 2000b. Two new genera of ant subfamilies Dorylinae and Ponerinae (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) from Yunnan, China. Zool. Res. 21: 297-302 (page 301, figs. 10-12 queen described)