Nothing is known about the biology of Strumigenys tenuissima.
- 1 Identification
- 2 Distribution
- 3 Biology
- 4 Castes
- 5 Nomenclature
- 6 References
- 7 References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
A member of the Strumigenys baudueri-group.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- tenuissima. Smithistruma (Smithistruma) tenuissima Brown, 1953g: 133 (w.) GREECE. Combination in Pyramica: Bolton, 1999: 1673; in Strumigenys: Baroni Urbani & De Andrade, 2007: 129. See also: Bolton, 2000: 296.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Bolton (2000) - TL 2.0, HL 0.55-0.58, HW 0.38-0.41, CI 69-71, ML 0.09, MI 15-16, SL 0.28-0.29, SI 71-74, PW 0.24-0.25, AL 0.58-0.60 (2 measured). Pilosity of clypeal dorsum in full-face view entirely of slender, more or less straight hairs that are fine, simple and cylindrical; apically the hairs may taper to a blunt point or be truncated. In profile these hairs are elevated and inclined anteriorly, but are not curved or arched forward in the apical halves of their lengths. Mediodorsally curved ground-pilosity between posterior margin of clypeus and highest point of vertex slender and simple, as are the principal curved hairs that project from the leading edge of the scape. See also notes under Strumigenys baudueri.
Bolton (2000) - Holotype worker, GREECE: Corfu (Beier) (Museum of Comparative Zoology) [examined].
- Baroni Urbani, C. & De Andrade, M.L. 2007. The ant tribe Dacetini: limits and constituent genera, with descriptions of new species. Annali del Museo Civico di Storia Naturale “G. Doria”. 99:1-191.
- Bolton, B. 1999. Ant genera of the tribe Dacetonini (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Journal of Natural History. 33:1639-1689. (page 1673, combination in Pyramica)
- Bolton, B. 2000. The ant tribe Dacetini. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute. 65:1-1028. (page 296, redescription of worker)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1953g. Revisionary studies in the ant tribe Dacetini. Am. Midl. Nat. 50:1-137. (page 133, worker described)
References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
- Bolton, B. 2000. The Ant Tribe Dacetini. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute 65
- Bolton, B. "The ant tribe Dacetini 2." Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute 65 (2000): 1-1028. Abstract
- Borowiec L. 2014. Catalogue of ants of Europe, the Mediterranean Basin and adjacent regions (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Genus (Wroclaw) 25(1-2): 1-340.
- Borowiec L., and S. Salata. 2012. Ants of Greece - Checklist, comments and new faunistic data (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Genus 23(4): 461-563.
- Brown W. L., Jr. 1953. Revisionary studies in the ant tribe Dacetini. Am. Midl. Nat. 50: 1-137.