A worker was found in a rainforest litter sample.
- 1 Identification
- 2 Distribution
- 3 Biology
- 4 Castes
- 5 Nomenclature
- 6 References
- 7 References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
Bolton (2007) - A member of the Technomyrmex strenuus group. Closely related to Technomyrmex strenuus but with a distinct median impression in the anterior clypeal margin, less strongly sculptured mesonotum and propodeum and relatively slightly larger eyes. See also notes under strenuus.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- tatius. Technomyrmex tatius Bolton, 2007a: 102 (w.) BORNEO.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Holotype. TL 2.3, HL 0.56, HW 0.55, SL 0.46, PW 0.36, WL 0.62. Indices: CI 98, SI 84, OI 25, EPI 78. DTI 115.
Frontal carina with 2 - 3 setae. Posterior to this the head with 3 4 pairs on the dorsum itself and with an additional 6 - 8 setae across the posterior margin; longest setae obviously longer than the maximum diameter of the eye. Scapes without setae. Dorsum of head glassy smooth, unsculptured except for pits from which setae arise, and with sparse short pubescence that does not conceal the surface. In full-face view the anterior clypeal margin with a distinct median impression; the posterior margin of the head shallowly concave medially; outer margins of eyes just break the outline of the sides of the head. Dorsal surfaces of mesosoma almost smooth, with only weak remnants of sculpture that is weakest on the pronotum and mesonotum and slightly more strongly expressed on the propodeum; the latter is not strongly reticulate-punctulate. All dorsal surfaces of mesosoma, including propodeum, with setae; propodeal declivity with 1 – 2 marginal pairs. With propodeum in profile the dorsum rounds into the declivity. Dorsal (outer) surfaces of middle and hind tibiae without setae. Gastral tergites 1 - 4 each with numerous setae, the longest of them longer than the maximum diameter of the eye. Gastral tergites 1 - 2 unsculptured, smooth and shining. Head and gaster glossy dark brown; mesosoma slightly lighter.
Paratypes. TL 2.1 - 2.4, HL 0.52 - 0.58, HW 0.50 - 0.56, SL 0.42 – 0.48, PW 0.32 - 0.37, WL 0.58 - 0.68 (6 measured). Indices: CI 96 - 98, SI 84 - 88, OI 24 - 27, EPI 78 - 85, DTI 115 - 128. As holotype.
Holotype worker, Malaysia: Sabah, Borneo, Danum Valley, 29.viii.I995 (Sk. Yamane) (Kagoshima University, Faculty of Science). Paratypes. 8 workers with same data as holotype (KUIC, The Natural History Museum).
- Bolton, B. 2007. Taxonomy of the dolichoderine ant genus Technomyrmex Mayr (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) based on the worker caste. Contributions of the American Entomological Institute. 35(1):1-149.
References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
- Bolton B. 2007. Taxonomy of the dolichoderine ant genus Technomyrmex Mayr (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) based on the worker caste. Contributions of the American Entomological Institute 35(1): 1-150.
- Bolton, B. "Taxonomy of the dolichoderine ant genus Technomyrmex Mayr (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) based on the worker caste." Contributions of the American Entomological Institute 35, no. 1 (2007): 1-149.
- Pfeiffer M.; Mezger, D.; Hosoishi, S.; Bakhtiar, E. Y.; Kohout, R. J. 2011. The Formicidae of Borneo (Insecta: Hymenoptera): a preliminary species list. Asian Myrmecology 4:9-58