Antwiki is an informational website. The content of this site is being provided freely, and no kind of agreement or contract is created between you and the owners or users of this site, the owners of the servers upon which it is housed, individual contributors to this site, or project administrators, sysops or anyone else connected with this site subject to your claims against them directly. You are granted a limited license to view anything from this site; it does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of this site’s agents, members, organizers or other users.
Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited on this site are the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise stated, Antwiki is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of the holders of such rights, nor can Antwiki grant rights to use otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such incorporeal property is at your own risk.
Please note that the information found here may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. Antwiki does not encourage the violation of any laws and Antwiki cannot be responsible for potential violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or reuse any of the information contained herein.
Data provided through Antwiki is contributed by the scientific community. This community does this freely and with the goal of increasing interest in and use of our natural environment, and to make biodiversity data available to support scientific research and investigation.
All content within Antwiki is collaboratively developed by its editors. Editors are invited to contribute data by other editors. In general, editors are considered to be experts in some aspect of ant biology (in the broadest sense) who have information that they are willing to share and that will be of interest to others. By making contributions, editors create a published document, and a public record of every word added, subtracted, or changed. This is a public act, and editors are identified (through their usernames) publicly as the author of such changes. Anyone with Internet access (and not otherwise restricted from doing so) may access this information although they many not make changes to the main pages. Non-editors may, however, add comments to the Discussion page which is attached to the main pages.
When using the information found within Antwiki please keep the following in mind. If these conditions are unacceptable you should not continue to access Antwiki.
- The quality, completeness, accuracy, currency, relevance or suitability for any particular purpose of content on Antwiki cannot be guaranteed. Users employ these data at their own risk and no responsibility will be accepted by Antwiki or those hosting the site.
- Users shall respect copyright restrictions which accompany specific data items found on this site. These restrictions are imposed by those contributing data and are not created by Antwiki itself.
- Where possible and practical, acknowledgment of data or information originating from Antwiki should be cited in publications and/or on web sites. The format of this citation can be in any suitable format as long as it is clear and unambiguous.
- Antwiki does not require or encourage the use or publication of personal or private information. While personal home pages can be created, Antwiki can not be responsible for the content of these pages.
- Editors (those invited to contribute information to Antwiki) will be identified by their usernames. All edits, additions and deletions will recorded and these can be viewed by all Antwiki users. If you are uncomfortable with this then please do not edit Antwiki pages.
- Editors warrant that they own or created the content they are providing, or have the necessary rights, licenses or permissions to make the content available on Antwiki.
- Editors will make reasonable efforts to ensure their content is accurate at the time they collected or created it or made it available on Antwiki.
- Antwiki recognizes that any open editing system will be vulnerable to certain kinds of abuse and counterproductive behaviour. When such behaviour is detected and confirmed, including (but not limited to) vandalism, harassment of other users or disruptive behaviour, these users will be blocked from further contributions to Antwiki.
- Antwiki is run by volunteers with no formal responsibility to the Antwiki web site. Because of this there is no formal technical support mechanism. While everyone will do their best to support Antwiki now and into the future, no one has formal responsibility for maintaining and/or supporting Antwiki.
- Antwiki is based on the Mediawiki open-source software project. For further technical details concerning the internal workings of Antwiki please see www.mediawiki.org.