Information on ant species can be found on the following pages.
- Countries by Region
- Regional Projects
- Regional Taxon Lists
- Diversity by Country
- Diversity by Taxonomic Group
- Subfamilies, Genera, Species, Subspecies
- Fossil Subfamilies, Genera, Species
- All fossils (subfamilies, genera and species)
- Links to lists of Ant Names
- An Antwiki "Table of Contents" based on categories
- Genome Sequences
Catalogues and Checklists
Barry Bolton continues to revise both the Synopsis and New General Catalogue and updated versions are made available every six months. For reference citation use: Bolton's Catalogue and Synopsis, VERSION: 1 JANUARY 2012.
In addition, lists of valid and invalid names can be downloaded as spreadsheet files. Right-click, save and open with Excel.